Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice from people who dye their own hair or hairdressers?

My natural hair colour is a sort of mousy light brown/dirty blonde, I've been getting full head blonde highlights for about 2 years and right now my hair is a yellowish blonde.


I'm getting it done professionally in 3 weeks, my mum's mate is a mobile hair dresser and she'd basically be insulted if i went to anyone else.


Anyways, my roots are TERRIBLE right now. My hair looks disgusting and i'm seriously struggling to wait 3 weeks. I have a party next weekend and my hair is an embarrasment. So I went and found 'Schwarzkopf LIVE color xxl Absolute Platinum' and it claims it can even get even medium brown hair to go platinum.


But I was wondering, since my roots are mousy and the rest of my hair is dyed blonde, would my hair come out in different colours? I'm worried that I'll **** up my hair, but even if I did, since I have a hair appointment in 3 weeks would it matter?


And if it turned out really good then she wouldn't have to dye it and I'd save money.


Should I? I'm sick of yellowAdvice from people who dye their own hair or hairdressers?
don't do it. professional is the only way to go. if you MUST have it done just go somewhere else and just tell her you needed it for a special occasion. i'm sure she'll get over itAdvice from people who dye their own hair or hairdressers?
I have been coloring my own hair for 15 years...put the color on your roots first and let sit for about 10 minutes then add a drop or two of your regular shampoo to the rest of dye and apply to the rest of your hair. The shampoo will dilute the dye just enough to still color your hair without damaging the parts that are already colored.
I get mine done professionally and they say everytime anyone colours their hair it can react differently as its chemicals. Even try one of those root touch ups first? Plus if u wanna lift ur roots u wod prob need a prelightner and then a toner. So whatever u do will be permanent! What about sun in I used to use it on my roots to lift them when I was a poor student??
i wouldn't if i were you. just go get it done by someone else, as long as you still go to her, but just needed it that one time, she'll understand. bleach is really hard to work with. plus ruining ur hair for one party isnt worth it.
This happens when someone does not know what they are doing... your hair turns yellow.





I would not use any hair color if you are getting it done again in a few weeks.





There are shampoos that will bring out the ';blonde'; and are far less damaging.





You might consider giving your hair a rest and going back to your natural color for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment