Friday, April 30, 2010

I like to give advice and help people??

And I really think the human mind and how it works is very interesting. I've grown up all my life seeing people I care about suffer from depression, bipolar, etc. So now I have a strange, intense passion for wanting to help people like that as a career. I am able to handle my emotions relatively better than most people, and I don't think I would be affected by my patients that much. Would I make for a good psychlogist??I like to give advice and help people??
Same here, I have started to figure out that my real passion is helping people and giving them advice. I love analyzing and searching answers to questions. I always give advice to my one friend when she talks about her problems and we figure things out together. Lol, I waste a lot of time on Y! Answers giving people advice. Anyway I've been thinking about studying psychology.





I think that you would make an excellent therapist or counselor if you have a passion for helping people and giving advices. If you have a talent for interpreting and analyzing problems, it's going to be a good job for you.I like to give advice and help people??
Maybe if you like what you do and put efforts on it and if your will greater than your ego. you will be a good psychologist.
Well, your story sounds a lot like mine. Unfortunately, I failed to take into account that I'm pretty introverted and also very moody so talking to people all day is absolutely exhausting for me. The thing about the mental health field is that you have to have an idea of what you want to do so that you can pursue the correct educational tract. I have a master's degree in clinical social work and I'm a mental health therapist. I work with other therapists who have master's degrees in counseling education, psychology, and various other fields. Make sure you talk to someone who can point you in the right direction so that you don't waste your time in college taking classes that won't help you get where you're trying to go.
you have the right attitude and passion for the work...it takes a lot of schooling to get to be a psychologist but it's worth it...if you're not into the heavy school load, you could also look into other types of counseling work...social work, school counselor, drug/alcohol counselor, family therapist...
good for you if you have such a kindness heart. helping people for their needs is a nice thing to do. we don't find many people nowadays who are willing to give a hand. in fact out there a lot of people who really need our help and advice. go for your goal and make it success !
of course, first hand experience is one of the steps towards expertise
I think, more than giving advice, the most important quality for a psychologist to have is to be a good listener. If you want to talk, more than you want to listen, then the job is probably not for you.
I think you would as it's your passion. Of course, money comes second. But if money came first, then you wouldn't make half as good as what you could make with passion for helping people.
that then would be an excellent field for you.





god bless laney
i think you would....you answered one of my questions about haveing friends who were older than me and it really helped me (thanks for that by the way)


you know, i think that if you really have a passion for helping people you should definetly go for it! dont hold back on doing something you love, you'll regret it later.


if you love to help people, being a psychlogist would probably be the job that would make you the happiest


and if you have the passion and drive, i bet you'll end up helping loads of people!


so just go for it!
definitely! with the kind of passion you have for it, you could go very far and help a lot of people!
The question is whether you are ready to spend the time and money to become a psychologist:





4 years college


2 years Masters degree


4 years graduate school for Ph.D./Psy.D. (In most states you cannot be a psychologist without the Doctoral degree, internship, supervision, licensing, etc.)





So that's ten years of school, perhaps $250,000.





Hate to be discouraging, but that's the way it is these days.





Perhaps becoming a masters-level counselor would look better. You'd need to do counseling within a group, or under the supervision of, a doctoral person (M.D., Ph.D.) but you would be in a situation where you could be helping people.





Best wishes... -- Dr. Bob
Dont half a-s-s it, become a psychiatrist, then you can really help people, and you get payed more.
Yes, you can be what ever you put your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment