Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Looking for advice from people that found it hard to deal with sexuality - what do u think of my situation? xx

All ive ever wished for is to settle down with a decent man, with a house and kids.





I am on the road to that now. He have just moved in together and I have a good job and he wants to settle down with me. Our parents are supportive and everybody thinks that all is well in the relationship.





BUT, it isnt that simple as 6 years ago I kissed my girl best friend. It was a complete shock to me, but I was taken aback by it. She turned me on so much and we got on great. This lasted about 5 years.





I didnt see her for about a year as my boyfriend doesnt get on with her so it made things akward as he more-or less banned me from seeing her.





I am now a bit confused as I want to carry on as normal with my boyfriend and make a go of it - I do like him....but I feel more myself with the girl, she understands me more, we have more in common and I feel alive with her.





I want to see her all the time, and tho nothing sexual has happened between us, i would be surprised if it doesLooking for advice from people that found it hard to deal with sexuality - what do u think of my situation? xx
Most people marry intending to have a monogamous relationship. It sounds like that is what your boyfriend expects. Under those conditions, it's not weird for him to ask you to stop seeing old lovers (whether you had sex or not).





I can't say whether you are a lesbian, a bisexual or straight. Only you can figure that out.





But it certainly sounds like there is something wrong with the relationship between you and your boyfriend. You shouldn't be moving in with one person and describing someone else as making you feel alive.





Frankly, if that girl is still single and trusts you enough to try having a relationship with you (apparently you did dump her for your guy), I would strongly suggest giving it a try. But if so, definitely do not move in with your boyfriend. In fact, don't move in with him regardless. Even if you are not a lesbian, and your girlfriend was just a fluke, it doesn't sound like he really gives you the satisfaction you deserve from a romantic relationship.





If you choose to pursue your old girlfriend, or some other girl, you don't have to tell your family anything. You are obviously an adult and free to make your own decisions. You only have to tell them as much or as little as you want.





Whether it is with a man or a woman you owe it to yourself to find someone who makes you feel ';alive'; the way your old girlfriend did.Looking for advice from people that found it hard to deal with sexuality - what do u think of my situation? xx
you may be bisexual . your family sounds like a cold bunch of people . best of luck .
The same things you said about her you should be saying about him, especially after six years. You should take a break from everything and figure out who you are. You need the freedom to experiment and sort out your feelings. Perhaps you're straight and just bored of the same or maybe you're gay and this is the first glimpse into another life. In any event your sexuality is not the issue. This is about you finding out what you want out of life and where your boundaries are.
When you were talking about your boyfriend you said ';i like him', not 'i love him'. You are making a mistake by moving in with this guy. I don't think you know what you want right now, you could even be a lesbian who is repressing it because you don't want to be disowned by your family. I think you should take some time to find out who you are and what you want, date around for awhile, find that RIGHT person, don't just settle down because you think the vision of the 'white picket fence' is the right one for you.
never let some one other than your parents make those kind of desisions for you you will come to hate him for it just keep looking you will find some one who is secure enough to deal with you having a girlfriend just wait it will be worth it and will save a ex husband

No comments:

Post a Comment