Friday, April 30, 2010

Need Advice From People Who Been This?

How Do I Stay/Get On The Right Path- I finished high school 2-3 months later into college-its not go to good, i stay with my mom but trying to find a good job to get my own place, while i was working and going to school I got 2-5 hours of sleep a day, my mom is depending on me to pay 2-4 hundred a month on bills, dont get me wrong i want to but its hardNeed Advice From People Who Been This?
I'm actually going through something similar right now. My mom has a terminal illness so I'm taking care of my two sisters and little brother. I don't have a job right now because time does not allow for it. I'm stuck in a house taking care of kids that aren't mine. I don't have my own allowance. I cook the food, I do the laundry. Basically I'm being the mom. I know it gets frustrating, but it just depends on you and your morals. I know there has been times when I just wanted to get the h*ll out of here, but I realize that I don't have anywhere to go to.





So what you could try to do is stay with your mom for a bit longer, save up money, even if you only take out $20 from a paycheck. Know what you want to do. If you're still in college you could always get financial aid. So hang in there. You're going the best you can and no one can do better than that.Need Advice From People Who Been This?
your mom expects way too much, you can live cheaper on your own
More info, please. Is your mom working? Is the $200-400/month considered rent, or does she just want you to pay her bills for her?





You're young and have a great future ahead of you. You are dedicated and smart. You need to focus on taking care of yourself and finishing school - do what you need to do to accomplish that, because you will really regret dropping out. You just need to focus on your goals. Your Mom is a grown up and can take care of herself (and if she can't, there are agencies that can help her).
Even if you were living on your own, you can't live any place for $200-400 a month. I think your mom is doing you a favor really, preparing you for the next step; which is living on your own. Between rent, utilities, phone, car, insurance, groceries, etc. That amount hardly covers it. How much are your moms expenses a month?

No comments:

Post a Comment